Best answer

Google sheet update info

• 9 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I successful created zap to update info from trigger Planfiks to google sheets.

When i add/update info in Planfiks zappier add/update this info to sheets, but when i delete info from Planfiks, the info in sheets doesn’t disappear. 

How can i solve this issue?

icon

Best answer by ForYourIT 9 November 2020, 15:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ksistof ,

Can you please specify your current Zap workflow a bit more? What do you use as Trigger, Actions etc. ? Screenshots really help a lot!

I expect that you only have a Trigger when something is added/updated in Planfiks and then act on it. However, if you like to remove something as well you need another Zap workflow which acts on a delete event and then delete something in Sheets.

Let me know if this helped you or if you have any more questions

~Bjorn

Userlevel 1

Hi @Ksistof ,

Can you please specify your current Zap workflow a bit more? What do you use as Trigger, Actions etc. ? Screenshots really help a lot!

I expect that you only have a Trigger when something is added/updated in Planfiks and then act on it. However, if you like to remove something as well you need another Zap workflow which acts on a delete event and then delete something in Sheets.

Let me know if this helped you or if you have any more questions

~Bjorn

i thought, that if i delete smth in Planfiks it means “update”.

Here is trigger shoot:

next step (here works fine)

last step

updating works well, but not i case then i delete smth in planfiks.

In this case,then i delete smth in planfiks,  in sheet remain last putted info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Ksistof ,

This completely depends on the app you are trying to integrate. But in most cases an “update” is only a change of data within something that already exists, and keeps existing.

An automation for a delete event would have to be created separately to make actions on that. Otherwise, it would be “weird” to do the same Action on either a change in data & a delete of data. What you are telling the computer (Zapier) is what to do and when  to do it. So you will have to make another Zap workflow that does something in a delete event: 

Hope this helps you! let me know if you have any other questions.

~Bjorn

Userlevel 1

Hi @Ksistof ,

This completely depends on the app you are trying to integrate. But in most cases an “update” is only a change of data within something that already exists, and keeps existing.

An automation for a delete event would have to be created separately to make actions on that. Otherwise, it would be “weird” to do the same Action on either a change in data & a delete of data. What you are telling the computer (Zapier) is what to do and when  to do it. So you will have to make another Zap workflow that does something in a delete event: 

Hope this helps you! let me know if you have any other questions.

~Bjorn

Thank you for answer, it helped :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Great @Ksistof to hear! Please mark my comment as the answer so it might help others as well!

Have a great day
~Bjorn