Question

Google sheet to Monday.com column update issue

• 4 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello, for some reason I keep getting a “column ID does not exist in board” error below when trying to update the columns of a newly added item (also added with Zapier) in a Monday.com board.

Creating a new item works fine…

Here’s how the update column task is set up…

..but then the error occurs even though those three columns, Email, Name, and Approved by, do in fact exist in my Monday.com board.

Monday Board

Any idea as to what might be going wrong? I connected to Monday.com via the API v2 Key.

EDIT: This post was edited by a moderator to remove personal information from the images. Please be careful not to share private information as this is a public Community.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Sheldon! I think that this one is going to be a little tricky for us to solve in the community so I’ve escalated this to the Support Team. Someone will be in touch via email as soon as possible!

Hi

Have you made any progress with this?

I am having the same issue - I have looked up the Coulmn ID’s in developer mode in Monday & get the same result if I use these values.

Hi 

Me again - I have fixed this - exactly same methodology as above, but you need to look up the column ID in Monday (you need to enable developer mode).  In my case the fields were called text and numbers - note a small “t”.  I wasted at least an hour with a capital ‘t”.

Pauline

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @paulineb, I can see that you reached out to the Support Team on this one. Were you able to get to the bottom of things? If so, are you able to share the solution?