Skip to main content
Question

Google sheet send email if number in column is under...

• 21 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello, i am just getting started, i think i need a very simple Zap, i need to send an email to our company mail, the trigger is:
If a number in Column F drops below 30 it sends an email to company mail
Data is stored in google sheet, i will provide pictures down below
The idea is, my people in the company have their documents registered for 1 year, so every year we have to renew them, so, when we renew, we put in the dates, and column next to it is countdowning days until it needs to be renewd again, so, i need a zap to send me an email once that number in that specific row, if any on the number there in a row show under “30” that it triggers and sends an email saying “hey there is one documents coiming to an end in 30 days” or idealy, if it can also read names, and tell me specificly, this guys with name from cokumn A and B his doucments running out uner 30 days”
i tried to do something but it triggered allot of zaps, im getting lost and this system is not simple as i thought..
pls help

also sorry for scrambles i wanted to protect thair names and privacy

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Jure Bencun 

To help us have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode.

The Zap Runs issue may depend on your trigger step configuration.

NOTE: There are limitations to using the Email by Zapier app: https://zapier.com/apps/email/help

I’d recommend connecting your Gmail/Outlook account to use to send the email in the Zap step.

Also, I’d recommend using Airtable instead of GSheets.

Airtable has Views. (segments of data that can sort, filter, group, show/hide fields, reorder fields, etc.)

Airtable has Automations.

Airtable Automations have native integrations with Gmail/Outlook.

Views can be used to trigger Automations or Zaps.

“This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting.”

Ok, sending these few screenshot's, but i ask, can this simple task work in google sheets as i would like to stick to them because our whole buisness revolves around them

as you can see, when count down goes to 15, it needs to trigger

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Jure Bencun 

For your Zap trigger step, we would need to see screenshots with how your “Trigger” tab section is configured.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey there @Jure Bencun 👋

Just wanted to check in here to see how things are going with this - were you since able to get it sorted? If so, we’d love to hear details of what the solution was when you have a moment.

And if you’re still running into issues, please share a further screenshot showing the setup of the Trigger section, as Troy mentioned, and we’ll be happy to help troubleshoot further. 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 🙂