Best answer

Google sheet rows containing multiple contacts, creating multiple contacts in HubSpot

Userlevel 1

Hello, I am brand new to Zapier and am trying to figure out if this idea would work as a Zap. I haven’t even begun to attempt this as I wanted feedback before I tried setting this up.

I have a Google Sheet that is automatically updated with rows of coaches contact information. Each new row contains multiple coaches’ contact information (see screenshot below).

My question is as follows: is there a way to create a Zap that automatically uploads each contact to HubSpot even though the coaches’ information is in the same row?

So for example in the screenshot above, the Zap would create two different contacts automatically in HubSpot: 

Contact #1:

Name: John Smith

Email: john@example.com

Job Title: Head Coach

Contact #2:

Name: Susan Jones

Email: susan@example.com

Job Title: Assistant Coach

How would I go about creating this, if possible? Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 11 May 2022, 00:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @ashleyolson13 

Good question.

(Why not put one coach per row?)

Yes, it’s possible.

Zap Steps

1. Trigger: GSheet - New Row
  2. Action: HubSpot - Create/Update Contact
  3. Action: Filter
    1. Coach #2 exists
  4. Action: HubSpot - Create/Update Contact
  5. Action: Filter
    1. Coach #3 exists
  6. Action: HubSpot - Create/Update Contact
  7. Action: ...and so on

Userlevel 1

Thank you Troy! I am going to try this Zap tomorrow. I will let you know if I have any further questions!

I currently have an integration with Jotform on my Google Sheet that dumps all the coaches data into one row for each submission. Unfortunately Jotform does not have the capability to create a new row for each coaches’ information, since they are in a single submission based on the form I use. This is maybe something that I could also use Zapier for: as a new row is automatically created from a Jotform submission, break out the row into a separate Google Sheet based on the coaches’ information (one coaches information per row). So instead of one row containing multiple coaches, each coach would have their own row of information. 

Example:

Row 1: John Smith, john@example.com, Head Coach

Row 2: Susan Jones, susan@example.com, Assistant Coach

Is this something that I could do with a Zap as well? How do I go about this?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@ashleyolson13 

Try these Zap steps to handle 1+ Coaches...

1. Trigger: Jotform - New Submission
  2. Action: Looping
  3. Action: HubSpot - Create/Update Contact
  4. Action: GSheet - Create Row
    1. TBD: if this step is even needed
Userlevel 1

Oh wow, this looks like it could solve both problems in one Zap! Thank you for the assistance. I will play around with this and let you know if I have follow-up questions!

Userlevel 1

@ashleyolson13

Try these Zap steps to handle 1+ Coaches...

1. Trigger: Jotform - New Submission
  2. Action: Looping
  3. Action: HubSpot - Create/Update Contact
  4. Action: GSheet - Create Row
    1. TBD: if this step is even needed

Troy, could you provide me with screenshots of an example of creating this Zap? I’m struggling to ensure that each coaches information would be updated, or if the coach information is blank, that it would not cause chaos in my HubSpot account. I’d love to know the step-by-step process with screenshots if possible to I can follow along and ensure that I don’t create an infinite loop.