Best answer

Google Sheet - New or updated Spreadsheet row trigger

• 26 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have created a Zap that has a trigger “New or Updated Spreadsheet Row (Team Drive) in Google Sheets”. This Zap was used to trigger only when the Google Sheet gets a new row or an existing row is updated.

But yesterday, we created views on the Google Sheet and added filters. We also used sorting. I’m not sure, but any of these action triggered the Zap. We got 1,500 tasks in a bulk on Zapier and fortunately they all are on hold by Zapier.

So I want to know if the use of views, sorting, filters can trigger the Zap?

icon

Best answer by robschmidt 26 February 2021, 09:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @thinker500,

So, I just reproduced your exact scenario and ran a test to see if adding a filter or sort view triggers the zap, and yes, it does.

That means filtering and sorting will fire off a bunch of tasks to run.

In this case, I’d suggest duplicating the initial/connected sheet in the spreadsheet, and changing views or adding filters in the copy.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you for your answer and suggestion. But I don’t understand why this is happening. Ideally, it should not trigger the Zap because no new row is being added or no existing row is being updated with the filters and views.