Best answer

Google Sheet New or Updated Spreadsheet row not giving expected test data

• 5 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have created a brand new sheet with a set of columns. I have added some data to the first 3 columns and column 4 is the trigger column.

image.png

I created a new zap which is triggered on Google Sheets "New or Updated Spreadsheet Row"

image.png

I set up the trigger and it's recognising the sheet and trigger column. All good so far.

image.png

It's picking up 3 rows as the test data which are 9,10,11 which don't have the trigger selected AND it isn't giving the first row which does have the trigger column. 

I can't really move forward with the process without the test data as it will be impossible to test. I'm beginning to feel like I'm going crazy so any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 5 January 2022, 17:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ciara M 

The trigger is New OR Updated Row, so the Zap trigger is seeing the 3 newest rows in the GSheet.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Troy. Even when I make a change on the trigger field it’s not picking up that that column has changed. I’ve waited hours just in case and it’s still not working. I have this working on other sheets so I’m stumped as to why I’m not getting any test data. I’m obviously doing something silly but I can’t figure out what!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ciara M 

Try adding values in the trigger column for one of the last 3 rows.

Then try changing the trigger step examples: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/change-the-test-data-in-your-zap-trigger

Userlevel 1
Badge

That worked! At least I have data create the rest of the process now. Thanks for your help.