Best answer

Google Sheet Navigate to LinkedIn Profile Save to PDF

• 8 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Is there a way to create a Zap to navigate to a LinkedIn profile from a Google Sheet and save the profile to PDF?

icon

Best answer by MohSwellam 21 December 2022, 20:30

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Recruiter_46135 

Good question.

There are many Zap apps that can provide screenshots for websites.

However, the website usually has to be publicly accessible to be used in the Zaps.

Often LinkedIn requires a login to view the full LinkedIn Profile page.

But may be worth configuring and testing to see if a Zap will work for your use case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Recruiter_46135! Thanks for reaching out in community!

We’d love to help, for better context are you able outline your specific workflow for us? Sometimes it helps to phrase in the form of "When this happens in [blank] app, do that in [blank] app."

Thanks so much! 🤗

Thanks Christina. We’re looking to create a Zap with data being collected in a Google sheet. Right now a new row of data is added to the Google sheet via a Zap from an automation tool we use. When a new row of data is added it will include a unique LinkedIn profile URL. We would like a Zap to navigate to that URL, click on more, and then click on Save to PDF and have the PDF saved in OneDrive or a similar cloud-based location or even a local computer of cloud-based isn’t an option.

Here’s a Loom to demonstrate the action that would need to be taken once the Zap navigates from the Google Sheet to the LinkedIn profile URL. Thanks you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Recruiter_46135 ,

Thanks for the additional context! 

Our LinkedIn integration does not currently support downloading PDFs of a user's profile. I’m wondering if @Troy Tessalone or @MohSwellam can suggest a workaround? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Recruiter_46135 

In general, Zaps are back-end automation.

What your seeking in the Loom is front-end automation simulating a user.

Check out UIPath: https://www.uipath.com/

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Recruiter_46135 

Good question.

There are many Zap apps that can provide screenshots for websites.

However, the website usually has to be publicly accessible to be used in the Zaps.

Often LinkedIn requires a login to view the full LinkedIn Profile page.

But may be worth configuring and testing to see if a Zap will work for your use case.

Hey @Liz_Roberts , 

I think Troy’s reply here is what @Recruiter_46135 should give a go. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Recruiter_46135 just another friendly Zapier face checking in. I agree with Moh, Troy’s response is definitely worth checking out. Were you able to give it a try? I’d love to know if you were successful with it or not. 😆