Best answer

Google Sheet Deleted Row Delete Google Calendar Event

• 21 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I made my 3-step Zapier about 10months ago. It worked perfectly. But now when a google sheet row is deleted, it no longer deletes the Google Calendar Event. When the Google Sheet Row is gone, the Calendar event still remains. 

My zapier is as follows:

1. New or Updated Spreadsheet Row in Google Sheets (With Trigger on Any Collumns)
  2. Find or Create Event in Google Calendar (Finding with a Unique ID column in Google Sheets)
  3. Update Event in Google Calendar (Based on Event ID)

Any suggestions as to why it no longer works? Any updates to zapier?
Thanks!

icon

Best answer by mzsadiek 21 December 2021, 13:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Actor!

I have done some tests with the ‘New or Updater Spreadsheet Row’ trigger, and it seems that it does not recognize the deleted row. It just triggers the rows that change (because every row moves one up).

What you could do to make this work is the following:

1. Create a column in your spreadsheet with the name ‘Status’. Fill it with a Dropdown with the values Active/Delete (you can also give them other words)
  2. Whenever you want to delete a row, instead of deleting the row, you change the status column of that row to ‘Delete.’
  3. In your Zap, you change the trigger to check that specific column (and not any column)
  4. You create a filter only to pass when the status is ‘Delete.’
  5. You then create an action to delete the row.
  6. You then create an action to delete the event.

I hope this helps!

If you’re not able to do this on yourself, you can send me a message and I’ll be happy to help you on Teamviewer for example :)

Userlevel 1

Hi, thanks for suggested solution. I will give it a try.

Merry christmas to you.

Regards,
Actor