Question

Google Sheet classification by date automated

Hello, I did connect “Guesty” to “Google Sheet” to automate the cleaning calendar at check out time. I succeed into creating a new Row at each new booking with the check out date on the first column. BUT classification by date of check out is not done automatically despite the fact that the first column represent the “Date of Check out”. 

How can I automate the the classification by date of check out at each new reservation?

Regards,

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @BALMS 

For us to have more context, we will need to see screenshots with how the steps are outlined and configured along with the top 5 rows of the spreadsheet as well as a specific example.

So the display is 28 april then 21 March then 17 April. I need it to appear in check out date order. 21/03 then 17/04 then 28/04 automatically, without uploading  the Google Sheet manually, do you have an idea?

Here are how the steps are configured :

Guesty Event :

In the last steps they also show Row 59 (I would like it starting from row 2).

the important stuff here is that :

• Confirmed or updated reservation modifies the google sheet with check out date and Listing name. 
  • The Rows are automatically sorted by check out date appearences (the sooner in the calendar, the higher in the google sheet)
  • I do not want to see “reservation Inquiries” in the sheet. Only new reservation, if canceled then it has to be cancel too.

Thank you for your help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BALMS 

Try this…

Use Airtable instead of GSheets.

Airtable has Views, which are segments of data. (sort, filter, group, show/hide fields, reorder fields)

Help: https://support.airtable.com/docs/sorting-records-in-airtable-views

We work with a cleaning company that uses Google Sheet for their calendar…

There is no possibility in G Sheet?

If not, I will ask them if they can use it.

Or a double zap passing by Airtable to make sure that the datas are sorted by date of cleaning?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @BALMS,

I’m jumping in to see if I can help!

I believe this isn’t possible because the “Create Spreadsheet Row” action only adds rows to the end of the spreadsheet and not any other row and it doesn’t have an ability to sort those data automatically.

Additionally, if you sort the column in Google Sheets while the Zap is on this will break the Zap. More about that here: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496276985101-Work-with-Google-Sheets-in-Zaps#turn-your-zap-off-before-making-changes-to-your-sheet-0-4

Hopefully, this helps!

Hello I switched to google calendar instead of G Sheet and it works partially. It is ok to have a new reservation and then seeing the event appear on google calendar on the correct date.

BUT if the reservation is canceled by guest or us, the event is not deleted on the G Calendar. 

Same situation if we extend the guest stay, this will not change on the G Calendar, do I need to create a new Zap for Deleted or Updated reservations?

The fact is that actually, I am already using “New or updated reservation” Event… So I do not get it…

Here when I try to create a new zap for the “update” There is only 1 option which is “New or Updated reservation”

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BALMS 

You will need separate Zaps with different triggers and actions for these scenarios:

• Create
  • Update
  • Delete

If you log the events in a GSheet, you can have a column to populate the GCal Event ID to use for updating/deleting GCal Events.

So if I wan to update, I select updated reservation, if I want to Delete, I select “Confirmed reservation” ?

TO delete in case guest cancels, how do I do that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BALMS 

Depends on the Zap trigger Event Type selected and that data points returned from Guesty.

You may need to add a Filter as Step 2: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

To delete a GCal Event use the Delete Event Zap action.

in place of using a filter, can we not use a “search step” ? With the reservation ID for example?

How should I select the correct event that was concerned from the guest cancelation? With the guest full name or just the ID or something else?

And Which one to choose in the Delete Event part, regarding the fact that I want to select the reservation that was canceled by the guest…

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@BALMS 

Reference the field description for guidance about the Search Term.

Help article for using dynamic values in dropdown lists:

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496241696141-Add-custom-values-to-dropdown-menu-fields-in-Zaps