Best answer

Google list / reminder to Google Tasks

• 26 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I am trying to integrate Google lists / reminders to Google Tasks so that I can add tasks via voice through Google assistant. 

The voice command: Add task to my to-do list -  will add it to the Lists In Google Assistant. But I want the tasks in Google Tasks so I can manage them through the Google Tasks app. 

I managed to create a zapp that created a new task but it was a generic task - couldn’t work out how to specific a unique task description 

e.g. Hey Google, add a task to my to-do list

OK - what task would you like to add? 

Water the plants. 

(It created a task but i could’t specify the ‘water the plants’. 

The other way around I thought could work would be to automatically copy any items on the List to Tasks. But I can’t figure out how to do that either!

Any help appreciated :) 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 28 September 2020, 12:46

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Jessicam! You should be able to do this if you set up a Zap that triggers from your Google assistant and then adds a task to Google tasks. 

To get the assistant to ask you for more information (eg “OK - what task do you want to add”) you need to add something in the ‘Prompts for additional information’ field:

When you’ve done that, you can add the information from that into the title of the task:

fe420248f136a07fd878e291f9c34c89.png
(View image larger)

Here’s link to a template that will get you started with that Zap: Trigger from Google Assistant and add Google Task