Question

Google Forms to Google Slides - Help setting up for image uploaded as an answer to forms to the template

• 13 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello, I would like to create a Zap that connects a new received/updated answer from a Google Forms to a Template Presentation from Google Slides. I was able to, without a problem, link the text answer from the google forms to the template however, when it comes to passing through the images I was unable to do it successfully. Can someone help me with the correct configuration of the Zap and the Google Slides Template for this action? Thank you in advance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Renan Sonaglio!

Inserting images into a Google Slides template can sometimes be tricky, let’s see if we can get you all set up :) 

To insert an image into a template, you’ll first need a text place holder for the image. You then need a publicly accessible url for the image, the url needs to end in an image file extension (eg .jpg or .png).

When you’ve tried to do this, what field/information are you putting in the image placeholder field? You said it wasn’t working - could you give us a bit more information? For example, are you seeing nothing in the placeholder? A url? That will help us to troubleshoot things a bit more with you. If you’re able to share a screenshot of the Google Slides action in Zapier that would be great! Don’t forget to remove or obscure any personal or private information in any screenshot you share in the community (eg full name, email address, etc).

Hello, thank you for your reply! Answering your questions, I am trying to use a uploaded image from a response to a Google Forms question (screenshot 1) as the image to be replaced in the Google Slides template (screenshot 2, zap configuration). When a tried following your first set of instructions, what a got on the placeholder text on the template was the link to the google drive uploaded picture. I assume that, using the direct link provided by forms on my zap config will not work, in sight of it not ending on the correct file format and not pointing to a publicly hosted image, however I dont know the correct way to do this action. Thank you for your help!

Google Forms Config
Action Zap Config

@Danvers Do you have any more suggestions that could help me with my problem? Thank you in advance for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @Renan Sonagliol, just stepping in for Danvers here! The trick to making this work is to use a publicly-accessible file. We have a step-by-step guide on exactly how to set up the URL in your “foto” field, here: https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-with-google-drive#how-do-i-get-a-download-file-url-from-google-drive

Let us know if that helps or if you still run into issues - we want to make sure you’re good to go here!