Question

Google Form to Pipedrive Zap - how to avoid creating duplicate Organizations

Hi guys,

I made a Zap that creates a Deal, Person & Organization. I’m trying to make sure that Zap won’t create a duplicate Organization if a same person would send a response from Google Form and would write a company that has an extra letter/space in it but the same company is already existing in PD that it won’t then it shouldn’t create a new Organization. Is there a way to do it?

Thanks,
Regi

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @VA: Regi 

For removing extra spaces, try using the Formatter > Text > Trim Whitespace option.

• Trim Whitespace: Remove extra spaces at the end of the text.

If someone mistypes the Org name, there’s not much you can do about correcting for that however.

So there’s nothing I can do if I let’s say 123 Company is the existing Company name and someone submitted with 123 Company LLC, still, that will create a new company? Is there a way that I can use the email address as a search field instead to see if that submission info is already existing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@VA: Regi 

Looks like you can only search by Name when Finding an Org.

I see. Last  thing I guess, how can I make sure that once a person created it connects to the organization existing/created?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@VA: Regi 

The ID of the Org can be mapped to the Org field when creating a Person.

Data points can be mapped between Zap steps using the ‘Custom’ option like this.