Best answer

Google Form mutilple choice to Hubspot property problem

I’ve create a zapier to send a multiple choice(yes/no) from a google form - new response from a spreadsheet event - and I keep getting the error when trying to update the contact property. It says the values are not valid.

I’ve tried to change the Hubspot properties to all the formats to try to receive the information and I receive or that there is not the right format in the property or zapier could not extract the information from the JSON.

So I am stuck. I thought of creating a zapier filter, but it would be not ideal and it would block the following tasks.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 30 May 2022, 17:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Gustavo Rottgering 

Good question.

Multi-select fields won't work

If you have a multi-select field in Hubspot, you can map data to it by putting a ; in between the options. For example, it would look like this:

That would result in more than one option being selected on the Hubspot side. Note that the data you pass to Hubspot has to exactly match the option in Hubspot, including punctuation and capital letters.

HI @Troy Tessalone ,

Thanks for replying. However it is only a YES OR NO question. We can’t select both. Here is the error:

Here is the choises inside Hubspot:

And here is the information from the google form that zapier gets:

So the label in the Form is the same in the property. How can I make this conncetion works?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Gustavo Rottgering

You need to use the internal option value not the option label:

Label: YES

Value: True

Label: NO

Value: False

Help article about how to use a Lookup Table to translate values: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-lookup-tables-in-zaps