Skip to main content
Best answer

Google Drive Folder from Google Form Response-Keeps using Test Data

• 23 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I have the following ZAP that is all triggered from a Google Form:

The problem I am having is that Step 2 - Creating a Folder in Google Drive should be creating a folder that is named with one of my form responses.  It keeps getting “stuck” for lack of a better term and is consistently putting the new folders in the same place using TEST form data instead of the live data being fed into the ZAP.  Does anyone have insight into how to fix this?  In the example below of the “Test Data” I’m selecting for the form, “Customer Name” is what I’m looking for to name the new folder.  EVERY time I submit the form, regardless of what I actually type into the form for “Customer Name”..it will always create subsequent folders in that example/test customer folder until I change the test sample data, then it will use that name.  I can’t get it to be dynamic!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @tt-TSE 

For us to have more context, post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in EDIT mode so we can see the field mappings, field types, field descriptions.

@Troy Tessalone thank you for your quick reply...after I posted I was able to get it to work!  I switched my selection to the google “ID” and it seems to be consistently dynamic.  Sorry for the attention!