Question

Google Drive Folder created for year with a subfolder for each month

• 20 August 2023
  • 14 replies

I have a zap that creates a parent folder with 5 subfolders every time a new lead comes in from dubsado.

However one folder is called Bank Statements. 

I want to auto add a folder for the current year and all the months.

How do I do that?

So it should look like this Lead>Bank Statements>2023>January

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @blixbookkeeping 

Good question.

I’d recommend using this naming convention for the month folders: MM-MMMM (e.g. 01-January)

Try adding this Zap action: Looping - Create Loop from Text

I want to create all 12 months. Using that feature. Will it only create January? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@blixbookkeeping 

You can specify the values to loop.

@Troy Tessalone i'm still so confused.

can you help me or lead me to a youtube video?

I don’t understand what these field are.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@blixbookkeeping 

Help article about using the Looping app: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496106701453-Loop-your-Zap-actions

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@blixbookkeeping 

Try this…

@Troy Tessalone that loop said it works but it doesnt actually create sub folders using those names. Does that make sense? I want the folders to be named 01-January, 02-February and so on.

I have the parent folders working Lead Name>Bank Statement>2023>(THIS IS WHERE I NEED IT TO GO)

It seems the loop worked but I can’t get them to translate into folder names. Which loop drop down do I chose from the menu below?  The closest I could get is one folder with all the names. See below. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@blixbookkeeping 

Use this variable from the Looping step for the Folder Name.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@blixbookkeeping 

From the Looping help article: https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496106701453-Loop-your-Zap-actions#create-a-loop-from-text-0-1

Thank you. 

IT WORKED.

I want to add the date folders to another folder.

It wont let me duplicate the loop.

When I follow the same steps to add the same loop to another folder it goes haywire. 

Is this even possible?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@blixbookkeeping 

We would need to see updated screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured to have context.

I would like the 15 step to basically be the same as the 12th step by creating monthly folders. However when I duplicate it. It creates 12 different folders called Reports

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@blixbookkeeping 

We would need to see detailed screenshots with how each Zap step is configured.