Question

Google Drive: adding a value to the filename

• 27 February 2021
  • 3 replies

I currently have a working zap automation, uploading a file received in Gmail to Google drive with a filename “clientname.pdf”.

Is there a way to create another zap to add a value found inside the document to the filename?

For example, current filename is “StephanoLee.pdf” and within the PDF file content, there is ‘Session No.1’ value at the top of the document. 

Is there a way to find this value and place it addtionally to the filename? so that it would display “StephanoLee1.pdf” 

Much appreciated,

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Stephanolee 

Check out Docparser: https://zapier.com/apps/docparser/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 1

@Stephanolee Just chiming in to give a little more information, as @Troy Tessalone pointed out there is a tool called docparser that can parse a document and find content within the document. Zapier itself does not have a tool to read the contents of a document. So you will need to use a third-party tool to get the value of content within the document. DocParser is my recommendation, as well as Nanonets

And then using the same method you previously used to name/rename the file you can do it again once you parse the document and get the content you are looking for. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Stephanolee!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since I don’t see a response to the messages from our moderators/experts above. Did you still need help here or did their reply to you help you resolve things? Please let us know :)