Question

Google Drive + Adalo (dynamic folder structure?)

• 19 September 2021
  • 1 reply

First post and also a total Zapier n00b, so apologies if this is a simple question :) 

I’m building Crew, group, cohort-based coaching app that helps people design awesome careers by pairing them with a small group + an executive coach. 

I’ve built the app in Adalo but a lot of the work that happens during the group coaching sessions is done using Google Docs. We currently run everything out of Drive with a simple folder/file structure in place. I’m now moving a lot of the logic and experience into the Adalo app, but am running into issues with creating the folder structure in Drive using Zapier. 

Here’s the scenario: 

I need to create this folder structure

• If a new Program is created in Adalo, then create a Program folder in Google Drive with that name. 
  • If a new Crew (group) is created and then assigned to a Program in Adalo, then create a Crew folder within the above Program folder. 

In Zapier, I can’t figure out how to do this. When I go to create the zap, it only gives me the option to select folders that already exist. What I THINK I need is a dynamic structure. 

It would look like this:

Program Folder (e.g “The Visionary”)

• Crew belongs to a program (can be many Crews, so whenever I add a new Crew in my app, I need Zapier/Drive to automagically know which Program folder to save this new folder within)

Does anyone have any thoughts? 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @steffan 

You can dynamically map data points between Zap steps using the ‘Custom’ mapping option: https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/set-up-your-zap-action#set-up-your-action