Best answer

Google Contacts error: Sync quota exceeded.

• 14 September 2020
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I keep getting this error “Google Contacts: Sync quota exceeded.” on a daily basis relating to a Zap I have that does stuff when a google contact is added. 

It works OK when it runs but I get emails with the error every morning. If I test the app to make sure it authenticates, it returns OK and there are no errors in the history of the Zap.

As I say, it all works fine but I don’t like errors so want to get t the bottom of it. 

Any idea’s ?

Cheers

icon

Best answer by SamB 5 February 2024, 17:21

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

From some GSearches:

Google contacts has a limit of 25.000 contacts.

Keep in mind that the Other contacts and contacts in your "Trash bin" also count towards the limit.

How can I solve this?

1. Make sure your Trash bin is completely empty. To do his, on a computer, go to https://contacts.google.com/trash

2. Potentially, clean up your Other Contacts folder. To do his, on a computer, go to https://contacts.google.com/other

3. Usually your contacts only take very little storage. It's shared across multiple Google entities.
    If your contact count is well below the 25.000 mark, the root cause of your storage problem is most likely located somewhere else.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thanks Troy, I have just checked deleted\other in case there was some corruption as I have nowhere near that limit.

I’m well under 1000 so it must be something else going on.

Thanks though, good to know the limits.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try testing and reauthenticating your Google Contacts app in Zapier here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Userlevel 1

I’m having the exact same issue and it just started recently. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Try testing and reauthenticating your Google Contacts app in Zapier here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Tried this. All authentication is working. Still getting the error :( and not the only one it seems.

Userlevel 1

Same happening here with out zaps :/

Userlevel 1

It doesn’t happen to me with every Zap but it’s happening consistent enough that it’s a problem. Also noticing that Zaps are not firing off and missing data that needs to be transferred. I’ve done all the troubleshooting steps 

Userlevel 1

Having the same issue. I only have 138 contacts, and its not even being triggered by a new sync as I haven't had a new contact added in weeks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Anyone @Zapier that can shed any light on this one, please?

It has happened to me, too.  I have 600+ contacts.  I was manually running my zap because the check for new or modified contacts wasn’t triggering the zap.  On the 67th trigger today, I got the message, “There was an error with Google Contacts: Sync quota exceeded.”  My Google contact poll might be a bit higher cause I write back to Google Contacts on a few successful zaps, so let’s call it 75 +/- polls to/from Google contacts before it failed with this message.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey all! 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone, I’m sorry that you’re all running into this error. It’s a bug with the Google Contacts integration that we’re working on fixing. 

For all the folks that mentioned they are having this issue (the list below), I’ve added you to the bug report for it, which lets the team know how many people are affect and means that we’ll send you an email when there’s an update. 

@Currently Jason

@KWLandMan 

@Kjetil Johannesen 

@tbaker 

@Charles Curtis 

We’ll also update this thread when we’ve got word that things are resolved. 

As of yesterday, I get the same error message when adding Google Contacts triggered by a new contact being added to our CRM, Active Campaign.  And in our case, our Contacts in Google is <100!  Also, data from a custom field in AC doesn’t pull through to our Google Contact - in spite of the value showing up in Zapier’s test! :(  

Hello,

I keep getting this same problem from a couple of weeks back and its killing us!

We need this sync to work 100% and it is not.

Has any further updates been developed regarding this issue??

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Gonzalo C, thanks for your message I’ve added you to the list of affected users on the issue which means that we’ll send you an email when it’s resolved. 

I can imagine that it’s frustrating when the Zap isn’t working 100% of the time. One thing to mention is that you can replay any Zaps with failed tasks in them, so the contact will still be synced. If you have a Professional Plan or higher, you can set up Autoreplay on your Zaps so you won't need to do that manually. This help guide explains how to replay failed tasks and also how to set up Autoreplay: https://zapier.com/help/manage/tasks/replay-failed-tasks-in-zaps

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Heya folks,

Just wanted to pop by here and confirm that the bug report mentioned here has since been closed. So those “Sync quota exceeded” errors should be a thing of the past! 😁🎉

If you’ve got less than Google’s limit of 25,000 contacts and are still running into errors please reach out to our Support team to investigate further. In the meantime, happy Zapping! ⚡