Best answer

Google calendar to google sheets input description

• 18 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have a question about import of data into sheets from calendar. 

When i try to import the summary it is no problem. But if i want to import specific text in the description part in calendar,  is it possible? 

for example:

Summary event: fishing

event begins: 2020-12-18

Location. : stockholm

description:

• number of friends that are coming: 02831931, 0839131, 019231903, 19231.
  • Name of friends that are coming: sam, jonny, tim,  jerry
  • price :  100€

As you can see the information in the description part of the. event is a-lot and i dont know if it is possible to somehow import specific information (in the description part of the event)  into specific rows in sheet?

i am using this one: https://zapier.com/apps/google-calendar/integrations/google-sheets/1499/create-new-google-sheets-row-from-a-new-google-calendar-event and it is working great, i was just wondering if it is possible to do what i need..

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 18 December 2020, 15:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

It is definitely possible!

The most efficient way would be to use a code block but hard to set up if you don’t know javascript or python. 

Will the description always contain those three fields, written exactly like that?

• number of friends that are coming:
  • Name of friends that are coming: 
  • price:  

If so, you could use multiple “Formatter by Zapier” - Text - Split Text actions, working in reverse to split those up into separate fields

Resulting in this output:  

You would then chain another step just the same but using Item 1 from the first formatter action

Continue this process until each item has been split the way you need.

Userlevel 1

Thanks alot! i will try this! the input is not always three rows but about the same !thanks alot!

the problem i have is that i dont have a good separator.. if the program somehow could “understand” that this is location and this is a name that would be perfect. Do i need to code for this?

Userlevel 1

Thanks alot! i will try this! the input is not always three rows but about the same !thanks alot!

the problem i have is that i dont have a good separator.. if the program somehow could “understand” that this is location and this is a name that would be perfect. Do i need to code for this?

EDIT:  found kind of a fix with REGEXEXTRACT function…

https://infoinspired.com/google-docs/spreadsheet/extract-every-nth-line-from-multi-line-cells-google-sheets/?unapproved=109849&moderation-hash=5aafc7b5c2a5d04199ee1f9069caf39e#comment-109849