Best answer

How do I create a daily calendar events summary of multiple Google Calendars in Zapier?

• 28 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3

Hello quick question… I was going to try to create a zap that checked all of our team members google calendars (have about 10 people) and gave a summary to the team automatically each morning… when im using the google calendar app in zapier it looks like you can only find 1 event at a time… is there any way to get a full days summary for an individuals calendar? or pull multiple calendars and create 1 master daily schedule?

Thanks, Woozie

icon

Best answer by Danvers 29 March 2023, 10:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Woozie83!

As you mentioned, the Find Event search action will only find one event at a time, so that wont work for you here. 

One way to do this would be to record the events somewhere other than Google Calendar. For example, you could have a Zap that adds all new events across the calendars to a Google Sheet and then a second Zap that runs each day to find a list of all of the events for that day. 

Another option that’s fiddlier but probably more efficient in terms of using tasks would be to use the Daily Agenda feature on Google Calendar. In your Calendar settings, you can ask Google to send you a Daily agenda in an email.  

You could use that, and ask your colleagues to do the same and forward the email to you (they could set up a rule in Gmail that automatically forwards the email). You could have a Zap that triggers on those emails in your inbox by using the Gmail New email matching search trigger, and then adds the emails to a Digest. Then you’d need a second Zap to release the digest. So, you’d have two Zaps that look like this:

Zap 1

1. Gmail New - Email matching search
  2. Digest by Zapier - Append Entry and Schedule Digest

Zap 2 

1. Schedule by Zapier - Trigger Zap every day and choose a time that you know will be after you’ve received all of the agenda emails
  2. Release Existing Digest - Release the agenda digest

If you haven’t used Digest by Zapier before, you can learn more about it in the help guide: Compile data in a digest

​I hope that's clear, please let us know if you have any questions!