Best answer

Google Calendar recurring event not showing up

• 7 July 2020
  • 1 reply

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi,

I created a zap to create a new card in a Trello board when there is a new or updated event. It seems to work fine with regular scheduled meetings but it doesn’t transfer my recurring meetings. How can I fix this so that I will have my recurring events on Trello?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 9 July 2020, 15:34

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @jrodriguezpaez

Zapier’s “New Event” trigger doesn’t trigger on recurring/repeated events by design, because recurring events can occur infinitely into the future.

There are a couple of ways that you can work around this:

Use the Event start trigger. Set up a Zap that triggers from an event start and creates a Trello card. You can set the amount of time before the event at which the Zap should trigger, so you could, for example set the Zap to trigger 2 weeks before the start of the event so the card is created 2 weeks before the event.

Although creating a new recurring event doesn’t trigger, updating a recurring event should trigger the Zap. Currently, if you update all events in a recurring series your Zap will trigger for each event in the series. A HUGE CAVEAT here is that could trigger thousands of tasks if your event recurs infinitely.