Best answer

Google calendar only pulling in test data

• 24 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

How do I get google calendar to pull in a real event in the calendar rather than an event it just makes up to test with?  There is a 2 year old question where there were suggestions given for how to do it.  I tried them, it didn’t work.  Please advise.

For context, I’m trying to use Zapier’s filter step to filter out recurring events, but as far as I know, I won’t be able to even find that field to use in my zap unless I can pull in a real recurring event to test with.  I am trying to build zaps to copy my calendar events into Asana.

Edit:  Actually I just tried it again, and the suggestion in the 2 year old thread worked.  I just thought I refreshed the zap before trying the trick and apparently I hadn’t done that.  Now I’m able to filter out all recurring events searching the field RecurringeventID and filtering out for if it doesn’t exist, then the zap will continue.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 26 September 2022, 13:06

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @theeclecticcollective!

Thanks for letting us know that you were able to sort this :) 

Edit:  Actually I just tried it again, and the suggestion in the 2 year old thread worked.  I just thought I refreshed the zap before trying the trick and apparently I hadn’t done that.  Now I’m able to filter out all recurring events searching the field RecurringeventID and filtering out for if it doesn’t exist, then the zap will continue.

I am having the same problem, but didn’t find a solution. It keeps pulling “description Test Event” even though I have tried an “Event start” Google Calendar event within the last hour. I am using the following description:

PhoneNumber(123456789)

I have tried this in in a different Google Calendar and it worked. However, I need to make it work in the other calendar.

Any ideas? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @ruilima! Sorry to hear you’re running into this! I think this is the topic @theeclecticcollective was referring to!

It has a few recommended steps to try when pulling samples.

I hope this helps! 🤗