Skip to main content

How do I get google calendar to pull in a real event in the calendar rather than an event it just makes up to test with?  There is a 2 year old question where there were suggestions given for how to do it.  I tried them, it didn’t work.  Please advise.

For context, I’m trying to use Zapier’s filter step to filter out recurring events, but as far as I know, I won’t be able to even find that field to use in my zap unless I can pull in a real recurring event to test with.  I am trying to build zaps to copy my calendar events into Asana.

Edit:  Actually I just tried it again, and the suggestion in the 2 year old thread worked.  I just thought I refreshed the zap before trying the trick and apparently I hadn’t done that.  Now I’m able to filter out all recurring events searching the field RecurringeventID and filtering out for if it doesn’t exist, then the zap will continue.

Hi @theeclecticcollective!

Thanks for letting us know that you were able to sort this :) 

Edit:  Actually I just tried it again, and the suggestion in the 2 year old thread worked.  I just thought I refreshed the zap before trying the trick and apparently I hadn’t done that.  Now I’m able to filter out all recurring events searching the field RecurringeventID and filtering out for if it doesn’t exist, then the zap will continue.

I am having the same problem, but didn’t find a solution. It keeps pulling “description Test Event” even though I have tried an “Event start” Google Calendar event within the last hour. I am using the following description:

PhoneNumber(123456789)

I have tried this in in a different Google Calendar and it worked. However, I need to make it work in the other calendar.

Any ideas? 

Hey there, @ruilima! Sorry to hear you’re running into this! I think this is the topic @theeclecticcollective was referring to!

It has a few recommended steps to try when pulling samples.

I hope this helps! 🤗