Best answer

google calendar new event - how to choose conference type which is not hangout

• 21 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I create google calendar event and i choose “conference” = Yes.  but the conference default setting is Hangout,  but i want it to choose zoom.  as you can see in the attached, I have two conference options (e.g. as my google calendar has zoom plugin).   How can I make zappier to set it to zoom?  there is a custom field, what settings to put there ?  see attached screenshots

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 22 April 2020, 20:29

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @ronaldlee ,

Thanks for contacting us- happy to help!

This is a bit confusing as the Google Calendar Event Integration only provides the option to use Hangout as the conference type. To provide a Zoom link on your GoogleCal events, you will need to actually start with Zoom as your trigger, the use GoogleCal as your action!

This article will walk you through the steps to take to set up this flow: Add Zoom Meeting Links to Google Calendar Events

Give this a go and please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @ronaldlee, it’s been a while but we wanted to check back on this issue. It looks like Liz was able to send you some pointers, and we’re hopeful that it has been helpful. If you have any further questions, please let us know! Thanks!