Best answer

Google Calendar Declined Events Filter for Slack

• 15 August 2022
  • 1 reply

I’ve created a Google Calendar + Slack Zap that updates my slack status based on my calendar since I time block heavily. 

Lately though I’ve been noticing that if I declined an event in my Google Calendar it still may update the status - especially if the event is in the middle of a large meeting since I have the trigger to be set to “event start”. There are a lot of Google Calendar fields, but I don’t know which way may be helpful to use to filter our events that I have declined. Any help? 

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 16 August 2022, 03:04

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @nclb159!

I found a related topic from a couple of years ago:

At the time, the person had spoken to one of our more technically-capable Customer Champions and had determined that there was no straightforward way to accomplish this.

One quirky thing you could try is to have a Zap that triggers on emails in Gmail whose subjects begin with Declined, then see if the body contains something that indicates that YOU declined:

Use this to create a database (in Google Sheets, Airtable, etc.) of events you’ve declined. Then the Zap that updates your Slack status can check against this list to see if you’ve declined.

There are a lot more details and nuances to the workflow, but that’s the general idea I came up with.