Best answer

Google Calendar 403

• 14 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi champs!

Google Calendar - getting a 403 error when I try to get my zap to publish a new detailed event on someone’s calendar

My Zap taps to BambooHR so whenever anyone gets a day off, it should create an full day OOO event in that person’s calendar

My steps are pretty straightforward with Bambooo and I can confirm it’s working well there but

When I test Google calendar I’m getting 403 “You need to have writer access to this calendar.”

I’m an admin in our enterprise google account 

I searched online but couldn’t find anything relevant - should I be using a superuser account over at google or is there any other setting I should change?

Already read this article but it doesn’t seem so relevant

icon

Best answer by Danvers 15 January 2021, 12:58

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did you try making the changes suggested in the help article?

https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-google-calendar#403-forbidden-when-adding-events

From what I understand, following the instructions in the article will enable Zapier to post on 1 specific calendar

What I’m trying to do is to post events on calendars that belong to the all the people in the company

so once anyone in the company gets an approved time off in bamboo it’ll magically appear in his calendar

Am I missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Gil A! I’ve not seen this done myself. I think even if you’re an admin you can’t add individual events to other users’ calendars. 

A possible workaround would be to create a separate ‘Out of Office’ Calendar. You could use the Zap to add the event and invite the relevant employee to the event so it appears on their calendar that way.