Best answer

Google Assistant not understanding “Ok Google, talk to Zapier” phrase

• 18 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m just looking at Zapier to use the google assistant to add tasks to a project/task management system.

I’ve not even got to the workflows yet which I thought would be the hard thing to do. I can’t get past Google assistant as it’s translating 

Ok Google, talk to Zapier into Ok Google, talk to Zapya

I’ve tried pronouncing it in various ways even adding a French accent.  

I found somewhere that Zapier is pronounced the same way as happier but still I get Zapya.

I’m about to ditch technology and by a quill and some ink

icon

Best answer by Ryetee 29 August 2021, 21:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Ryetee 

Error: “Sorry I’m not sure how to help with that yet.”

Sometimes Google Assistant may not correctly hear your phrase, repeat either “Hey Google, talk to Zapier” or “Hey Google, speak to Zapier” and that should do the trick.

Any further problems, contact Support.

If you can, why not just use “Zap” instead of “Zapier”?

Userlevel 1

Hi @Ryetee 

Error: “Sorry I’m not sure how to help with that yet.”

Sometimes Google Assistant may not correctly hear your phrase, repeat either “Hey Google, talk to Zapier” or “Hey Google, speak to Zapier” and that should do the trick.

Any further problems, contact Support.

If you can, why not just use “Zap” instead of “Zapier”?

RIght I don’t get the error as that would mean it actually understands me saying Zapier. I’ve run out of permutations to get the assistant to recognise Zapier. Each time I get referred to Zapya pages. Zap only works as it’s recognised as being Zap by GA but that's no use as it brings up umpteen pages about Zap and not zapier.

Userlevel 1

So although I had read that Zapier rhymes with happier the pronunciation that actually worked was zay pee er.