Best answer

Google API Security Update Question

• 18 May 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello,

Today I got a message from google:
“Google Cloud Platform will roll out security and reliability improvements that will increase the sizes of OAuth 2.0 tokens. Please follow the instructions below to use the documented token size limits of 2048 bytes and to remove any logic in your services/code that restricts its ability to process access tokens of certain sizes before August 23, 2021.”

I was wondering of the calls made by zapier to google services include these as well? And do we as users act on this or can we expect Zapier to act on this?

Best,

Job

icon

Best answer by SamB 15 July 2021, 09:52

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Frisse Blikken,

That’s a really great question! We’ll do some checking on this for you and will get back to you as soon as we can.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Frisse Blikken, thanks for your patience here!

Our engineers have looked into this and I’m happy to confirm that we don’t have any restrictions on token size that would cause processing issues when Google’s changes are implemented on August 23, 2021. And there are no further actions required on your part. :)