Question

Google Analytics not displaying Goal.

• 10 April 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

My zap should trigger when I make a sale with JVzoo and it creates a goal in Google Analytics.

This used to work well, until about a month ago.

Google Analytics doesn’t display anything, not even if I make a test.

My other GA goals made without Zapier works well.

Once I got this error via email, very likely this is the issue:

Google Analytics: Quota Error: You have exceeded the maximum number of writes/day for this project.

Task history recorded my tests as success, but GA goals displays nothing.

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Jack,

The Update Goal action is used to update the definition of a Goal, not record a conversion for it. Using Update Goal is equivalent to this page in Google Analytics (it may look different now, as this is an older screenshot):

Screenshot of updating a Goal's settings in Google Analytics

To record a conversion, you’d want to use the Create a Measurement action and provide the same values for the Category, Action, Label, and Value fields (in this case Live and order.rebill_cancelled). Note that these values are case sensitive.

Does that help to get you unblocked? Can you give that a try in your Zap to see if it works for you?

Userlevel 1

I’ve set a new zap following your suggestions. And the zap was tested but so far nothing shows in Google Analytics. I only waited about 5mins, so we’ll reply if there’s a live sale or if I see something…

Not sure if this zap is supposed to create a new Goal, because I don’t see any no new goals in my GA account.

Thanks

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I selected this type:

What I input here please:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @karlsult!

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you! I went here (https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/field-reference#hostname) and I can see how they describe each of those fields:

Does that help to clarify what to put in each of those fields?

Userlevel 1

Yes, they definitely clarify and I’ll test them out and see if it works now. I will let you know here if it does.

Thanks

Userlevel 1

This thing doesn’t want to work. I got 2 live sales, nothing appears in Google Analytics under the goals… 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @karlsult 

Sorry we missed your followup. Were you able to get this sorted or do you still need someone to take a look?

Userlevel 1

All fixed. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@karlsult glad you are all set with this Zap!

Would love to hear how you were able to achieve this workflow- I’m sure other folks may have a similar question, so any additional info you’re open to sharing would be great!