Question

Google Analytics + Constant Contact Source of Referral

• 11 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Howdy!

I have a Zap so new constant contact contacts fire a Google Analytics event. Everything is working great; however, I’d like to be able to either:

1. Show the path from which the person signed up in GA (as a page or referrer or source) so I can differentiate whether a landing page was used, or
  2. Differentiate in Zapier which form is being used from Constant Contact

Thank you in advance!

Renee

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @renee 

• Differentiate in Zapier which form is being used from Constant Contact

Try using a Filter step in your Zap: https://zapier.com/apps/filter/help

This is a great tool! I can’t seem to differentiate inline forms from one another using Constant Contact’s available properties. Any other hints that might be helpful?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@renee 

Can you post what data points are returned from the CC Zap trigger step?
Maybe there is a CC Form ID that can be used.

Sure thing. All I see are list IDs, but those can be used across forms (screen shots, since copy/paste loses formatting):

This post has been edited by a moderator to remove personal information. Please remember that this is a public forum and to remove any sensitive information prior to posting. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@renee 

Are you able to set this value as part of the CC Form?

OR are you able to set a custom field value as part of the CC Form?

Thanks, Troy. That source value is set by default, and it cannot be changed. 

Regarding the custom field, I was hoping I could add a value to a field and hide it, but it won’t allow me to add a value per form, and it adds the custom_field property whether it’s used in the form output or not.

This seems to be a flaw with (or a hole in) Constant Contact’s API, honestly. It seems the only way to differentiate is to set up a separate form for each list, unfortunately.