Best answer

Gmail to Google Drive - Uploading Multiple Attachments in Single Email

• 15 September 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

I have my zap integration with Gmail to Google Drive working fine in uploading if there is one attachment in an email. Is there a way if there are multiple attachments in one email that all attachments will be uploaded to Google Drive?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 18 March 2021, 10:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Trigger: Gmail - New Attachment

Triggers when you receive a new attachment (triggers once per attachment)

Same issue. The Zap will not even run outside of testing/editing when there’s more than one attachment. Based on docs, it sounds like it should loop through and fire a task for every attachment. Tried with 4 small attachments. Does not run in production to get a single attachment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The trigger is NOT an instant trigger so depending on your Zapier plan it can take up to 15 minutes for the Zap to trigger so keep that in mind when testing.

Check your Gmail app is still properly authenticated here: https://zapier.com/app/connections

Check the Zap is turned ON before submitting sample emails to test.

Check Zapier Task History to see if the Zap was triggered here: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Did the Zap trigger but result in an error?

I’m receiving two attachments in one email that I want to upload to Drive. Nonetheless, Zapier uoloaded one attachment to Drive. That is the problem for me. I’m in the Pro Plan Tier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Panchato!  @devinesme 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Userlevel 1

Yes, still the same:

1 mail with two attachments, only 1 attachment is saved in the Google Drive folder (even after waiting another 15 minutes or running the zap manually).

thanks for any help

Hello Everyone,

I am also having the same challenge. An email enters gmail with two attachments and my Zap only uploads one of the attachment from the email to my google drive folder. 

Is there a solve for this?

Warmly,

Hope

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi everyone!

The reply that @Troy Tessalone posted above should work in these cases. If you use the Gmail trigger New Attachment the Zap will trigger for each attachment in the email. 

For example, if you receive an email that has 3 attachments, the Zap will trigger 3 times and each attachment will pass through each step of them (for example, saving the attachment to Google Drive. 

If you use this trigger, you may need to add a filter step to the Zap so that only attachments from specific emails are sent through the Zap steps.