Best answer

Gmail to Evernote: Can I define the format the date in note title?

• 29 June 2020
  • 1 reply

I currently automate the forwarding of sales receipts that come to a specific Gmail label to my Evernote account using Gmail’s built in filters (I send them to the unique Evernote email address that comes with my premium). This works, except I’m then having rename the newly created note once it exists in Evernote.

I had the idea that I could use a zap to forward the emails to Evernote (or trigger a new note creation) and auto-title the new note upon creation. But, I can’t seem to figure out how to get the format on the date in the note title that I desire.

The naming convention that I’m manually changing on the note of the forwarded sales receipts is always:

mm/dd/yy Stripe 

So, example note titles are 6/29/20 Stripe, or 10/2/20 Stripe. The date is variable based on the date of sale.

Do you know if it is possible to format the variable data of the date as I desire (mm/dd/yy)?

I only see this format option:

Any suggestions on how I can control the format of the date? Or, maybe this not possible? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 1 July 2020, 19:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @staceyharmon ,

Thanks for reaching out! Happy to help!

You can reformat your date by using Formatter by Zapier. This should do the trick, but please let us know if you run into any trouble or have any other questions :relaxed: