Best answer

Gmail new email trigger

• 28 July 2020
  • 1 reply

I’m using a Gmail ‘new email’ trigger for my Zap.

It works fine, but today I discovered that the zap had turned itself off for some unknown reason.

When turned it back on, it continued to work, but there were some emails received during the period when the Zap was turned off that were not processed.

I would expect the unprocessed emails to be queued and then processed when the Zap is restarted - is there a way to make that happen?

If there is not, then is there a way to make sure the Zap does not turn itself off, or at least pings an alert of some kind of it does?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 30 July 2020, 19:05

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Foxy I’m sorry that you had some trouble with your Gmail app, that sounds frustrating!

If a Zap is turned off then it wont be able to spot incoming items, which means that it wont know to queue them for when the Zap is next turned on. 

The important question here is why the Zap turned off. If a Zap runs into errors for the majority of times that it runs then it will be turned off. We do send out emails to let you know that the Zap is running into errors, so you’ll get a heads up on those occasions. If there aren’t any obvious errors with the Zap (ie you can’t see any in the Zap’s task history) then it would be a good idea to reach out to the Support Team (you can use the Get Help form) so that they can take a look and make sure that everything is as it should be. 

If you’d like to get a notification when a Zap is turned off, the best way to do that is turned off, then you can use the Zapier Manager app for that - you can create a Zap that will trigger if another of your Zaps turns off.