I’m trying to set up a zap between my github and clockify and would appreciate some help.
Here’s what I want:
- I create a repo on github => a new project is created in my clockify with that repo name
- I create a new issue on a repo in github => a new task is created in my clockify in the project of the same name of the repo the issue was created in.
1 is no trouble. But 2 is throwing a 404 error. The problem seems to be that whilst you can select a particular clockify project by name on zapier, it acts so as to select the ID of that project, which serves as its identifier in the URL. So if I select the repository name coming from Github it throws the 404 since it enters the project name, and not the project’s id into the URL.
Here’s an example:
- I create a repo called ‘test-repo’ on github.
- A project is created on my clockify called ‘test-repo’, but is assigned the id 1234567 in clockify which serves as its URL identifier.
- I create an issue called ‘test issue’ on test-repo on github.
- zapier sends a request to add a task to the project named ‘test-repo’, but throws an error since it needs to direct the request to 1234567.
My natural thought was to use the formatter to somehow get the project name from github,and replace the name with the relevant project’s ID. But I’ve not been able to do this. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance :)
Best answer by steph.nView original