Question

Getting JSON results into Sheets

• 12 June 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello.

I have a webhook GET from an API that is returning results.

The results return successfully, but I cannot for the live of me figure out how to get these grouped results to create individual rows in Sheets or Excel.  At this point, I would be equally grateful for the creation of a csv file or anyway to use these grouped results individual.

E.g., the webhook returns (with corresponding results to categories omitted for privacy):

city

timezone

isp

latitude

session_start_unix_timestamp

type

session

eventUnixTimestamp

resolution

platform

exit_query_id

company_org

session_referrer

eventEsTimestamp

browser

exit_root_url

country_name

total_number_visits

entry_title

city

timezone

isp

latitude

session_start_unix_timestamp

type

session

eventUnixTimestamp

resolution

platform

exit_query_id

company_org

session_referrer

eventEsTimestamp

browser

exit_root_url

country_name

total_number_visits

entry_title

but any subsequent export of data populates all results being populated in to one row or one result.

My apologies if this request for advice is painfully ignorant.  I’m grateful for any kind of help.

Thank you!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @kaisaj!

Without seeing the Zap itself, and based solely on what you’ve described, it seems like you’re getting the data back as line items. The good news is that the Google Sheets integration has an option to create multiple rows, using line items as the input. So if you had a column for each of those items (type, sessions, etc) and mapped the output of your GET step it should create one row per line item. 

This is the one you’ll want to select:

Can you give that a shot to see if it works for you?