Question

Getting a Zap to do Different Things Depending on Input

• 20 March 2024
  • 3 replies

I am trying to get a Zap to record donations from Squarespace into Bloomerang but separate them based on the kind of donation. Specfically, one kind of donation we get is a $5 monthly membership donation while another is multiples of $10.00 for our Fight Club Books, both of them having their own fund within Bloomerang. How do I set up Zapier to recognize one kind of donation from another and therefore record it differently in Bloomerang and categorize each donation based on the dollar amount?

Also, related to that, it doesn’t look like from what I can tell that Zapier can record monthly or repeated donations (such as the $5 monthly ones) into Bloomerang but just one-time donations (such as the book ones). Is this true or am I missing an option?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @FCCAujero 

Options to try:

Thank you for replying. It looks like Paths is the way to go.

I am trying to set up my Zap so that it goes like this

1. Squarespace
  2. Enter Donor Info
  3. Path

3A: If text contains “membership”, create new donation under Fund: Fight Club Catholic ($5.00/mo) Online Membership

3B: If text contains “books”, create new donation under Fund: Fight Club Books.

I cannot set up the Paths correctly because fund is not a field under entering donor info, so I can’t reference that for distinguishing the two types of donations. If I make create a donation step 3 and paths step 4, then I will be entering two donations instead of just one. Do you have any recommendations for this? Maybe I should just make one Zap that goes straight into donor info and another Zap that goes straight into Paths then creating one of two kinds of donations depending whether membership versus books is present?

Also, when I am entering my sample data, can Zapier/Bloom sort donations by different funds? Can I get it to create a donation of specific types (i.e. fund) or can it only make one kind of generic donation with set categories (amount, notes, acknowledgement, etc.) without any variation? Also, can I get it to record repeating donations (the $5.00 monthly memberships for example) or can it only record one-time donations?

I still need to explore the possibility of using lookup tables, but I wanted to get your thoughts on this too.

Thank you for your help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@FCCAujero 

For us to have more context, we would need to see screenshots with how your Zap steps are outlined and configured along with specific examples of the data points you are trying to use and map.