Best answer

Get formula values from monday.com

• 17 September 2021
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi, 

I’m attempting to to get formula values from monday.com into zapier but they’re coming through as ‘no data’

has anyone successfully done this?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by SamB 17 November 2021, 14:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mish 

Believe this is a known limitation of Monday’s Zap app.

See this related Zapier Community Topic:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to pop in here as noticed that there’s an existing feature request for formula fields to be supported with the Monday.com integration.

@Mish, I’ve added your vote for that feature request to be implemented. I can’t say when it would be added but we’ll email you as soon as it is! 🙂

Hello @SamB ,

Has the feature been developped ? 

Best regards, 

Ok I just read again your previous answer.

I will be waiting. 

Thank you.  

Please let me know when this feature is developed as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for reaching out, @alliezap! Happy to help. I’ve got your vote added to that request. We’ll send an email and keep the thread updated as soon as we know more. 🙂

I’d love to see this implemented as well. :relaxed:

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting us know, @myhelfy! I’ve added your vote to the feature request as well. 

Once those formula fields are supported we’ll be sure to send you a notification via email! :)

Would really love to see this feature!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Amazing, @boydbar! I’ve got your vote added and we’ll keep you in the loop once that happens. 🙂 

Welcome to the Community! 🥳

Hi All,
I noticed this too. I planned a work-around but this too has been unsuccessful.

My plan was to get the data from a formula column (which is invisible to Zapier) to a mirror column (visible to Zapier). I tried two methods:

1 - To mirror the formula column as a text column within the same board. I have tried many ways to do this but none are successful.

2 - To mirror the formula column by mirroring it in another board and then mirroring that mirror back in the original board. This also failed because Monday itself cannot seem to read the output of Formula columns. Example: you can ask Monday to create a new item on Board B and give it the same name as a Text Column in Board A. But you cannot ask Monday to create a new item on Board B and give it the same name as a Formula Column in Board A.

In summary, the problem seems to be in Monday as they cannot capture the output from their own formula columns.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for sharing your thorough feedback as well as your workaround attempts, @Ryan_Captego

I went ahead and added your vote that feature request. We’ll be sure to keep you in the loop if and when this gets implemented. 🙂

I would also find this feature very useful - would love to see if developed!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Absolutely @isnyc! I’ve got your vote added to the feature request as well. We’ll keep you updated once implemented.