Best answer

Get a File Share Urls from Google drive folder and Create Rows in Google Sheets with URL

• 12 April 2021
  • 8 replies

I have folder of images in Google Drive and I would like to be be able to add the URLs of the images to a Google Sheet along with it’s respective file name. I’m aware of the new file trigger, however these are current files already in google drive. 

For new files, I was able to setup the new file trigger to “Add File Sharing Preference in Google Drive” to get the URL, use the “Text” function to create the file name as I wanted it to be and post this information into the google sheet with no problem. However, these aren’t new files in my google drive and I’m not sure how to handle in the case of current vs new files.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 April 2021, 17:56

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dd2mywork 

In general, Zaps work when turned on for new data going forward.

One thought would be to (re)move the old files and then move the files back into the GDrive folder, thus triggering the Zap.

Otherwise, there may need to be manual work done to backfill data as desired.

Hi @dd2mywork 

In general, Zaps work when turned on for new data going forward.

One thought would be to (re)move the old files and then move the files back into the GDrive folder, thus triggering the Zap.

Otherwise, there may need to be manual work done to backfill data as desired.

Thanks for your time! I will try doing this again. Maybe I didn’t wait long enough before retesting the trigger when I attempted this previously. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @dd2mywork 

FYI: Some Zaps have instant triggers, other Zap trigger are not instant and can take 1-15 minutes to fire depending on your Zap plan.

The GDrive trigger are not instant.

You can check you Zap Runs history details here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Will see how it goes. I hope to be able to use this information to populate a google sheet.

Thanks Again! 

Hey,  @Troy Tessalone...

Do I need to use Lookup Spreadsheet Rows action prior to or can I just use Create Spreadsheet rows? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@dd2mywork 

You can use GSheets Create Row w/o a prior GSheet Lookup Row step.

GSheets Lookup Row is useful for finding an existing row and returning all the data from the row to use in following Zap steps.

TIP: When in doubt, try it out!

Thanks, @Troy Tessalone ! I’ve tried all of the Google sheets actions since yesterday and made sure that the Google Drive files for the trigger weren’t buried in subfolders, to no avail! I will keep trying...for now! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@dd2mywork 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?