Skip to main content
Best answer

Generating scripts with OpenAI in Notion

• 8 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I’d like to set up a zap that would generate a script once I create a new item on a table. However I seem to have trouble getting it all up. Can someone kindly guide me through the process of creating the zap?

This is how I’d imagine the zap will work:

1. I input a topic for the script as a new item on Notion’s table
  2. The topic is used as a prompt for OpenAI to generate a script
  3. The generated text is placed into the topic page as body text.

Thanks for reading, any help would be greatly appreciated!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

I really would like to learn this too… I watched a #Short video on youtube but the guy didn’t explained how to do it

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @jamesngcw and @Altair!

I’ve not used OpenAI myself but found a tutorial on our blog (How to use OpenAI's GPT-3 to spark content ideas) which you might find helpful on this. Granted it mentions Trello in its examples rather than Notion, but the concepts of setting up a prompt for OpenAI in a Zap should be similar. 

Please do give that tutorial a look over and let us know how you get on! 🙂 

Hey @jamesngcw and @Altair!

I’ve not used OpenAI myself but found a tutorial on our blog (How to use OpenAI's GPT-3 to spark content ideas) which you might find helpful on this. Granted it mentions Trello in its examples rather than Notion, but the concepts of setting up a prompt for OpenAI in a Zap should be similar. 

Please do give that tutorial a look over and let us know how you get on! 🙂 

Thank you @SamB  it worked for me. But couldn’t publish it because two connections I have to upgrade to a paid plan and it’s so expensive on my currency.

But I'm glad it worked