Best answer

from Lead status update in Hubspot to mail sent from Zoho mail: How I can reduce Zap task usage?

Userlevel 1

My zap Trigger is when lead status change on hubspot I want to send an email from contact owner email. But only on specific lead status not on all lead status.For that I’m using filter as well to see if lead status match with my required lead status upon which the email will be sent.

As you can see in below screenshot, If also using path for selecting contact owner zoho email account so email can be send from that particular owner only with customized email template draft with contact owner detail. 

This means each zap is 6 tasks and eats it’s way through my allowance quickly

Is there any way for me to combine these tasks and reduce task usage?

icon

Best answer by christina.d 7 March 2023, 23:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Samad808 

Good question.

You should NOT need the Filter as Step 4 since each Path has it’s own filter step.

Then we’d need to see how screenshots with the revised Path Filters are configured in order to further evaluate and advise.

Userlevel 1

Thank you

Hi @Samad808 

Good question.

You should NOT need the Filter as Step 4 since each Path has it’s own filter step.

Then we’d need to see how screenshots with the revised Path Filters are configured in order to further evaluate and advise.

Thank you Troy, I will remove the filter

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @Samad808! 👋

Have you been able to solve this by removing the Filter as Troy suggested? Want to make sure you’re all set here!  

Userlevel 1

Yes with removing filter it's working and we have reduced one step. I was wondering, if I can reduce 1 more step somehow?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Samad808

You may not need step 2 since you should be able to returned the desired fields from the trigger in step 1.

Userlevel 1

I tried but it's not working. I'm using 2nd step for getting contact details and contact owner ID. If I remove this I won't be able to get contact owner details.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Samad808 

In the Zap trigger did you select additional properties to retrieve?

Userlevel 1

Yes I have mentioned additional properties there as well but I don't know why it's not retrieving the data from trigger 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Samad808 

Are you using a representative Contact example from HubSpot that has those properties populated?

Check your Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you understand: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Userlevel 1

That's worked. Thank you Troy for your help.  I have reduced task to three now. That was really helpful. Thank you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yay! Thanks for coming back around and letting us know what worked for you, @Samad808! 🎉

I hope you don’t mind, I’m going to consolidate some of Troy’s responses on how to make this a more efficient workflow. 🤗

You may not need step 2 since you should be able to returned the desired fields from the trigger in step 1.

Are you using a representative Contact example from HubSpot that has those properties populated?

Check your Zap Runs to see the DATA IN/OUT for each Zap step to help you understand: https://zapier.com/app/history/

Thanks for raising this in the Zapier community! 🧡