Best answer

Freshsuite field to be updated when the linked business is updated in Google Sheets

• 10 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I have a database on Google Sheets that is updated every day for to customer payments, and would need when the "Payment Status" is updated in the Google Sheets lines, Zapier would send this information to Freshsuite and update the already created field with the new information: PAID. This way my automation of billing to customers would end, as we received payment from them.

As I can read the "Payment Status" column in Google Sheets, and when identifying that Customer X made the payment, Zapier updates the Field in Freshsuite.

Someone help me? I've tested numerous hypotheses and failed. :(

Prints:

1. Example of Google Sheets database. Column H will be updated every day with the Payment Status of each customer (identified in column A), installment (column B).

When updating to “PAGO” (paid in Portuguese) Zapier would send the information to Freshuite with "Payment Status: PAID", finalizing my automation.

1. When updated in Google Sheets, this field circled in Yellow would change the Status, as received in column H of the spreadsheet above.

But I am not able to find the correct trigger and action to perform this automation/integration

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 10 January 2023, 20:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @rafaelrodrigues 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have context, thanks.

Hi @rafaelrodrigues 

Good question.

Please post detailed screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured in order for us to have context, thanks.

Added it in the post itself, thanks for the reply and gu@Troy Tessalone  :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@rafaelrodrigues 

“New or Updated Spreadsheet Row” trigger behavior

If you’re using the New or Updated Spreadsheet Row trigger and choose Any column to monitor, any change to a row will trigger your Zap. If you select a specific column, then the Zap will only trigger when there are changes on that column.

miscEye icon Note

Zaps using New or Updated Spreadsheet Row will also trigger for any new rows in the spreadsheet, even if the specified column is blank. To avoid triggering in those cases, add a Filter step to your Zap.

Try these Zap steps...

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@rafaelrodrigues  Couldn’t have said Troy’s recommendation better myself! This is the ideal setup for what you are looking to accomplish with your Zap. Did you have any questions on this or did everything work out as you had hoped?