Best answer

Frame.io: Returning list of folder names

• 11 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I’m trying to create a workflow between Trello/Frame.io, in which projects created as cards are then mirrored in Frame.io with a set of pre-defined folders. So far I have successfully managed to do this, however I’ve ran into a problem where every time the card in Trello is moved out/in of a list, the folder structure then duplicates on Frame.io.

So my solution to this is to create an extra filter step before the folder creation, that searches the assets in the current Frame.io project, returns their name/s, and only continues if it’s a new unique name. But this is where my luck has ended unfortunately. I’ve spent the last couple of days trying to figure this out, using the pre-defined zaps and also the new API extensions, but I just can’t get it to work.

My logic process is as so:

• Trello card movement triggers the action
  • Get Project info from Frame.io
  • Search Project for Asset names
  • Filter: If Asset name/s do not equal {Trello card name} then continue with folder creation

My main problem is running the zap which searches for asset names and returns a list which can be searched by the filter. I get lots of bad requests and data which just isn’t usable. I’ve looked at the frame.io API docs, but I’m definitely not a coder, and struggle to make sense of what to do with it.

If anyone is able to offer suggestions, or has done something similar, I’d be very appreciative of your help.

Thanks,

Matt

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 November 2023, 18:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Matt J 

Good question.

To help us have more context, please post screenshots with how your Zap steps are configured.

Userlevel 1

Hi Troy,

Thanks for your reply. Here’s the screenshots of my steps. The last image is the config of my API Extension, which I’m fairly sure is incorrect but is what the AI tool suggested. It runs ok, but returns ‘0’ assets, when there are definitely folders in there.

Step 4 also isn’t configured yet, as it’s reliant on Step 3 to work correctly first.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Matt J 

Frame.io API endpoint: https://developer.frame.io/api/reference/operation/assetSearchGet/

Can you show screenshots with how this Input Field is configured?

The input field would need to be configured to pass thru as a Query Parameter for project_id.

Try adding a new Query Parameter like this:

project_id: {{Project_ID}}

Can you confirm the Project ID you are testing with has Folders? (screenshot)

Userlevel 1

@Troy Tessalone 

Ok I think I understand the Query parameters better now, your example really helped.

So I’ve done what you said and also added a third query which links to a input field asking for the folder name.

All these 3 combined now returns usable data in the filter step.

This is now working correctly for the rest of the steps. 

Thanks for your help.