Best answer

Formstack to Asana: Adding Formstack Submission ID to Asana Name Field

• 5 November 2020
  • 6 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I built a zap from Formstack to Asana.  There’s a field I’d like to add to the Asana ‘name’ field.  Specifically, it’s the Formstack Submission ID, as it helps separate unique submissions.  Anyone have any success in this?

It seems I can only pull fields from within the form itself that are filled out, but cannot locate Submission ID.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 6 November 2020, 15:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I was able to replicate the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try using Webhooks: https://help.formstack.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019516191-WebHook-Submit-Actions

Hi @Troy Tessalone - Novice-question here; is this replacing the Zap, or tweaking the Formstack-side?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Both.

Make a copy of your Zap.

Change the trigger to Webhook.

Take the provided URL.

Put in Formstack per the article.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @macholara, did Troy answer your question in this topic? Please let us know by marking Best answer if so. If not, let us know by replying back to this topic.

Thank you!

Hi @steph.n - Yes, that part was answered.  Not sure if I’ll go with it.  W/out the webhook (normal Formstack connection), I can split the first and last name formstack field into Asana into the task name.  With the webhook, it adds the field name “first=” and “last=” to it.  Not sure if there’s a way to not have those show up or not, but that’s what I’m trying to tweak and play around with to get ‘only’ the names (not the fields) and utilize the webhook option.