Best answer

Formstack Attachments and Google Drive

• 4 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all,

I have been having issues with streamlining our receipts process with a form in formstack. I have integrated google drive directly with formstack, however, the options for naming the file are limited and wonky. 

I was using Wufoo previously, and could easily have the attachments go into the designated folder for the designated project. However, with formstack, only a download link is supplied. So I now have the attachments going into a folder to house them, with the hopes of moving them into the correct folders. But, with the names coming in the way they are, Zapier isn’t able to find them. 

For instance, If I submit a receipt on my form for 123 Main St, Atlanta, GA 30315.

Formstack will convert the name to 123MainStAtlantaGA30315 in Google Drive. And with that, Zapier has nothing to be able to search for to properly move the file into the correct folder for the project. 

Any ideas or tips?

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 4 November 2022, 19:23

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Macc 

Good question.

Please clarify if you ware using Formstack or Formstack Documents?

Why not have the Zap do the uploading/renaming of Formstack attachments for you?

STEPS

1. Trigger: Formstack - New Submission
  2. Action: GDrive - Find Folder
  3. Action: GDrive - Upload File
Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Macc 

Good question.

Please clarify if you ware using Formstack or Formstack Documents?

Why not have the Zap do the uploading/renaming of Formstack attachments for you?

STEPS

1. Trigger: Formstack - New Submission
  2. Action: GDrive - Find Folder
  3. Action: GDrive - Upload File

Hi there,

I am using Formstack. Not Formstack Documents. And unfortunately, that Action will not work. When a submission comes in, it unfortunately provides the download link in Zapier as opposed to the file. Therefore I cannot have it rename nor upload correctly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Macc

When you use the Zap action GDrive Upload File you can use a file object or a file URL, and specify the file name.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Macc

When you use the Zap action GDrive Upload File you can use a file object or a file URL, and specify the file name.

Hi Troy,

I have tried this, Unfortunately, when I try this, it does not upload the file. It uploads a google document with the link as the text. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Macc

Hi Troy,

I have tried this, Unfortunately, when I try this, it does not upload the file. It uploads a google document with the link as the text. 

Okay! I just made the folder they’re being dropped into from Formstack a public folder and now it’s working. Thank you for re-suggesting this! Looks like it’ll work out perfectly 😊👍🏼

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Macc 

Yes, file URLs need to be publicly accessible to be used in Zaps.