Question

Formatting Typeform Responses Into Images

• 14 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I’ll do my best to explain the situation, but it’s probably a bit abstract for someone who can’t directly see what I’m working on. 

I have a very long Typeform (300 questions or so) that I use to intake new customer orders. 90% of the questions on the Typeform are from the ‘Picture Selection’  question type. When the results of a completed Typeform are pushed to my Google Sheet, the picture does not show up and instead just the text does. In my case this text is normally ‘Option 1’ for example.

While I have documentation for my team to confirm what exactly ‘Option 1’ relates to, I would really prefer to be able to provide them the exact image of the selection that was chosen. This could be by updating or formatting the results in Google Sheets to the appropriate image (so I would basically format each question/answer as Answer A = Image A, Answer B = Image B, etc.) --- Not actually sure if this is possible, couldn’t figure it out. 

Another workaround or option as well would be automatically creating a Google Drive folder, and then dumping the ‘results’ into that folder. But again, the results I would want dumped into this folder would need to be the images, not the text (‘Option 1’) --- Same thing could also work if these images could be dumped into my project management tool, ClickUp.

Hopefully this all makes sense? If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated!

Andrew

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @andrewoh 

Check the output data from your Typeform trigger. Are you seeing image URLs included with the responses?

If so, you can map these to Google Sheets and you’ll be able to click through to see the images.

If not, you’re out of luck I’m afraid.

Hi @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu appreciate the response! 

No, the output data from the Typeform is just the text that’s attached to the image, not a URL. I do have some questions that ask people to upload a photo and/or attachment, those come through as links that can be clicked and downloaded from Google Sheets.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@andrewoh 

Then I think the closest you’ll be able to get is adding those download links to your spreadsheet. I don’t think you can directly embed images.