Best answer

Formatting tags before posting to Twitter

• 17 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Does anybody here use Ghost? I’ve integrated Zapier with Ghost in order to push new posts to Twitter. But I’m having issues formatting the Tweet using data pulled from Ghost. I want to turn the tags from the Ghost post into hashtags on Twitter. 

I am certain this can be achieved with Zapier’s formatting step, but cannot quite understand how this would be done. Has anybody else achieved this, and if so, could you please explain to me how I can do this?

As you can see, in the first step, the data is pulled in from Ghost via the API:

Which is then passed on to the Twitter step, where I can choose how to format the tweet from variables taken from Ghost:

But if I choose to send the tag slugs as-is into my Tweet, they are not hashtags. Now I can perfectly prepend the first hashtag by entering # before the variable is input, but that is useless.

I need to split the tags, remove the comma’s and then prepend a hash ‘#’ to each of the items, before displaying them. 

Any help is widely appreciated.

Best Wishes,

Ben

icon

Best answer by ravetta 17 June 2020, 20:16

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Solved

Userlevel 1

For anybody interested, I have documented the process here

https://benravetta.com/adding-hashtags-to-your-ghost-twitter-integration-using-zapier/