Skip to main content

I’ve got a Zap set up to copy messages from a slack channel into a Google Doc, but the formatting is all lost. Is there any easy way to retain paragraph/line breaks? Ideally I could have images and emojis load natively, but the priority is line breaks. Nothing I’ve done so far works. Thank you! 

Hi @BaileyK427 

For us to have more info, post screenshots showing how your Zap steps are outlined and configured in EDIT mode along with a specific example to help us see the inputs and outputs from. your Zap steps.

For sure - thanks for your help! So i’m taking slack messages that get posted into a channel and posting into a google doc, but they are just all mushed together. I would like to get formatting such as paragraph breaks to be respected and go to the next line so this is readable. 

Ideally, I could also get slack emojis, hyperlinks and images to load too, but that’s all nice to have. 

Thanks for any help in advance. 

@BaileyK427 

Depends on how the data is returned from Slack.

May have to convert Markdown to HTML.

Zap action: Formatter > Text > Convert Markdown to HTML

Hi @BaileyK427

How are things going on this? Did using a Formatter action to convert the Markdown to HTML do the trick?

Want to make sure things are all squared away here so please let us know whether you’re in need of any further help or not! 🙂