Best answer

Formatting currency fields

• 4 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello,

We´ve been running some zaps to import certain data from XING events to Hubspot. 

In our case the XING events API property “OriginalPrice” is €29,00 (amount our customer paid) but the zap delivers 2900 which is x100. That means that the the wrong amount has been imported to Hubspot.  In another case we have an import with 113.050 instead of 1130,50.

Do you have a solution how to change or transform the amount in Zapier, e.g. by a formatter?

Thx a lot.

icon

Best answer by william 15 July 2021, 02:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @SPONSORs 

Try using Zapier’s Formatter > Numbers > Perform Math Operation: https://zapier.com/help/doc/how-use-formatter-functions

Perform Math Operation: Add, subtract, multiply, or divide values, or make a number negative (Does not support Line-item fields)

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey@SPONSORs, I hope you’re doing well, I just wanted to check in here!

Were you able to get things working with the information from Troy, or can we still help out here?

I believe the recommendation for a Formatter - Numbers - Performa Math Operation action would be good here. You may need to use a Formatter - Text - Replace action to remove the comma but once you have the whole number, you can then divid the number by 100 to get the floating decimal value.

For example, say we have 10500,50, we run a replace formatter to remove the comma, so we have: 1050050

From there, we run 1050050 through our Formatter - Number - Perform Math Operation action, divide by 100, and we get: 10500.5

Here’s a screenshot showing what the Perform Math Operation would look like:

Here’s the result:

Userlevel 1

Yes, thanks for your support!