Best answer

Formatter text creating duplicate emails and giving duplicate error for Agile CRM

• 27 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

My ad is collecting name and numbers. Agile requires emails so I used the formatter tool to by pass not having the email but now with creating new contacts. Now I’m getting duplicate contact email error. How can I fix this?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 28 September 2020, 16:40

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

It’s tricky working around the restrictions of an app, but you could do this if you add a number on the end of your fake email address and increase by one for every new contact (eg test1@gmail.com, test2@gmail.com)

To do that, you’ll need to use the Storage by Zapier app. Storage allows you to store and retrieve information using secure ‘keys’ (think of them as different rooms). This help guide gives you an introduction on how it works: Save data between Zaps

In this case, you could store a number using Storage and increase it by one every time the Zap runs. The Zap would look like this:

1. Trigger
  2. Storage - Get Value
  3. Agile CRM - Use the email address and add the number from the storage step as the email address (eg test[number from storage]@gmail.com)
  4. Storage - Increment Value (adds one to the  number in storage so that the next time you get the number, it’s gone up by one)

I hope that helps!

Userlevel 1

This sounds like it will work. I’m currently trying to set it up but I'm a little confused.

? 2. Storage - Get Value.?  What value do I get if there is no emails?

Do I plug in the storage get value for the email address for the step that creates the contacts in Agile CRM?

Userlevel 1

It worked perfectly! Thank you!