Best answer

Formatter Split Text not outputting first comma separated item in list

• 27 March 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m having difficulties with the text split by a comma the output when I test the zap is split but when I select the “text” output later in the zap it goes back to the full string and not the substring . Pictured below :

This post was edited by a moderator to remove personal information from the images. Please be careful not to share private information as this is a public Community.

icon

Best answer by steph.n 3 April 2020, 10:20

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

I am having this issue as well. Have you been able to fix it?

Userlevel 1

I am having this issue as well. Have you been able to fix it?

Yeah i basically just used python code step instead I can send you my code if you want 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Mod Edit: 03-21-2022

Hello @nikko181 - Thanks for the question! 

The screenshot that you shared shows that the information is in a list - which means that it’s line items. Line items look the same as text with commas in the Zap editor, but they are actually information that’s organised in a specific way. You’ll need to convert the line items to normal text before you can use the split text step.

To do that, add a step in the Zap before the Formatter split text step and choose the Formatter again. Choose the Utilities > Line item to text option and put the HubSpot field as the input to the step. When you test and review that step, the Text field that it outputs will contain what looks like line of text with commas in it.  

Then take that output from the Formatter (Line item to text) step and plug it into the Formatter (Split Text) step as the input, set a comma “,” as the Separator and that should split your text the way that you need it 🙂

04e8566be2191e932d16fa7b5f2c20a4.png

Please let us know if this worked for you. Thanks!

Same issue here. 
@nikko181 could you share your code step?